Q: Stalls reaching normal temperatures

My engine was rebuilt last year. When I drove it and it reached normal operating temperatures it stalled. It wouldn’t start again until after it cooled down about 15 to 20 minutes later. A friend of mine told me to try running a larger radiator and a high torque mini starter in it. Well I did as he suggested, and I am still having the same starting problems. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi there. I don’t think that this is an overheating issue. This sounds like a carburetor problem. If the choke is not working correctly, then this will occur. The choke needs to open when the engine is warm as the fuel mixture needs to lean out. This needs to be adjusted or replaced. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the stalling issue and let you know what should be repaired.

3. Stalls reaching normal temperatures