Q: Stalls at 3000 RPM, squeaky belt upon startup.

Vehicle stalls at exactly 3,000 RPMs. As long as it remains under 3,000 RPMs the car runs smoothly. The car also has a squeaky belt upon startup in the morning.

A: If this engine has a camshaft or crankshaft...

If this engine has a camshaft or crankshaft position sensor and it is malfunctioning this can cause a similar issue. There is also a rev limiter on most vehicles that activates around 3000 rpm. This is supposed to activate when the engine is in park or neutral. There is a sensor or switch that tells the vehicle what gear the transmission is in. If this switch is faulty the engine may think it is in park or neutral even though it is in drive. As for the squeaky belt the belt itself or the belt tensioner may need replacement. You can also try to use some belt conditioner and that may quiet down the noise. I would recommend having your truck's stalling issue inspected by a professional.