Q: Stalling when cold and overdrive on the transmission not engaging.

Engine stalling when first started up when you put it in gear then working fine tell you shut motor of and let sit also no over drive on transmission light Indicator says it on but still doesn't shift to overdrive both of these problems started about the same time

A: Hey there. It sounds like some possible int...

Hey there. It sounds like some possible internal transmission damage. This generation of Dodge truck has a notorious problem for transmission problems. I would recommend having the transmission inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of the issue. It is possible that it could just be an overdrive sensor, but the most likely cause is the transmission suffering some internal damage that would require the transmission to be rebuilt or replaced professionally. If you need to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the stalling issue and advise you on needed repairs.