Q: Stalling running same time

My van was starting to drive very strangely. It would stop suddenly. Then if you put it in neutral and turned the key it would start right back up. The engine would also stall and keep going at the same time but not all the time. It was like it was out of gas. The ignition stopped for a few seconds and it kept going. It also did this while idling and then suddenly stop. This all happened off and on, not all the time. Like when I drove for 12 miles it ran really good with no problems. Then if I drive for 1 mile the next day it will stop and start right up. I thought it might be the fuel filter, but then thought no, because it runs great from 0 to 100 mph. I have done all the normal maintenance, spark plugs, wires, oil and filter just 2 months ago. I haven’t had any warning codes come up on my dash either. Do you know what might be wrong? How can I fix this?

A: Hello. It is possible that the fuel filter ...

Hello. It is possible that the fuel filter is partially clogged or that the fuel pump has an intermittent problem. There is also a possibility that the mass air flow sensor is dirty and/or faulty, causing an intermittent problem. The camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor have been known to cause this problem as well, if they have an intermittent problem. It would be a good idea to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your stalling problem and make a recommendation for the necessary repairs.