Q: Stalling hard to start

I have changed the plugs wires cap and rotor fuel pump is new and working some time when I give it ga's it starts to sputter and wants to stall. The car won't start unless I use starter fluid. 1986 Lincoln Town car

A: Hi there: On an 86 Lincoln Town Car, this ...

Hi there:

On an 86 Lincoln Town Car, this issue is most likely contributed to a dirty or clogged throttle body or fuel injectors (assuming it’s the fuel injected edition); or another fuel system component. It could be an obstruction inside the fuel filter as well that’s causing your car stall and difficulty starting. The best advice I can offer is to have a mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can pinpoint the precise source of your starting and running issues and recommend the right repairs be made.