Q: Stalling hard to start

I have changed the plugs wires cap and rotor fuel pump is new and working some time when I give it ga's it starts to sputter and wants to stall. The car won't start unless I use starter fluid. 1986 Lincoln Town car

Hi there:

On an 86 Lincoln Town Car, this issue is most likely contributed to a dirty or clogged throttle body or fuel injectors (assuming it’s the fuel injected edition); or another fuel system component. It could be an obstruction inside the fuel filter as well that’s causing your car stall and difficulty starting. The best advice I can offer is to have a mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can pinpoint the precise source of your starting and running issues and recommend the right repairs be made.

3. Stalling hard to start