Q: Stalling after cold starts and problem with lights

When I startup my Mercedes and its cold it shakes, and if I step on the gas it stalls. When I lightly step on the gas and leave my foot there long enough for it to warm up then it doesn't stall. Once it’s warm it’s OK. It only happens when it’s cold. I am also having a problem with my headlights and electrical wiring. When my battery dies, and I get a jump to start it back up the headlights don't work. The regular beams on the driver’s headlight works and the right is weak. And when the high beams are on the passenger light works and the driver’s side doesn't work. It takes a few days of driving for the headlight to work properly again. Do you know what’s wrong and how I can fix it?

It sounds like you have a sticking idle air control valve that frees up after the component warms up. The valve may be able to cleaned if there is a great deal of carbon build-up inside the valve.

As far as the headlight issue, the connectors and wiring to the headlight assembly need to checked and the assembly inspected as well. If there is no fault indicated for the headlamp being out one thing to consider the exterior lamp monitoring control unit as possibly creating resistance in the headlight circuit. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose and correct both the stalling problem and headlight issues.