Q: Stalling after 20 minutes - 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

I was on my way home from the eye doctor I go to downtown, and my car stalled in the middle of traffic. I got out and pushed it to the side of the road. I tried starting it but it wouldn’t. So I took a breather for 30 minutes. I got it started this time, put it into gear then it stalled again after going 9 feet. I had it towed home and put in a new fuel filter. It ran for 20 minutes then stalled. I let it sit for 45 minutes then ran it for another 20 minutes. It just isn’t working right. Do you know what I could do to fix my car?

A: It’s possible you have an electrical compon...

It’s possible you have an electrical component( (i.e.. starter solenoid, ignition control module, ignition coil, etc.) that is suffereing from heat failure. Have a professional mechanic check the vehicle out where the "heat soak" scenario can be replicated. A YourMechanic professional can help diagnose this issue and make repairs to the failing electrical components.