Q: Stallin

Car hesitated going 40mph. Check engine light came on and I got to work. On my way home from Work the same day after driving for about 5 minutes, I pulled into the gas station and it died before I could pull it up to the pump. Started up and drove fine until the following night. I got off work and was driving 45 mph and it died while I was accelerating, put more gas to it and it started up while I was coasting. Both times it died were roughly in the same spot. Doesn’t die on my way to work but does on my way home normally 10-11pm. Threw P codes 0700 and 0344

And the first time it stalled the transmission felt like it was slipping. I just bout it on 12/29/17 and “as is” hasn’t even passed emmisons yet. I need help

Hi Nick. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s quite possible that the root issue here is that your ECU is activating a "limp mode" - especially based on the P-0700 OBD-II trouble code. P0700 is set when the PCM detects a malfunction in the transmission control system. This malfunction causes the vehicle to set a Check Engine Light and trigger a failsafe or limp mode, which can cause the symptoms you are describing. Before you attempt any repairs, I would strongly recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an on-site inspection, to determine the best course of action to resolve these issues.