Q: Stalled while driving..turns over great...will not start?

I filled the gas tank and drove about 40 miles on the highway when it just sputtered and stalled out. It turns over great but won't start. I changed the fuel filter... still nothing.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help.

You will first need to find out if you are getting fuel pressure to the fuel injection system. Then, if you have full fuel pressure, check to see if you have spark to the spark plugs. If you have no fuel pressure, then you most likely have a bad fuel pump in the fuel tank. If you have no spark then the ignition module and coil may be bad. Make sure to check the distributor cap and rotor when replacing the ignition module.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.

3. Stalled while driving..turns over great...will not start?