Q: Stalled and now will start and run really rough for a few seconds at a time

I was driving the Milan and it died while driving about 45mph like I ran out of gas so i pulied over and immediately assumed it was the fuel pump but I had a friend cycle the key while I crawl under the rear of the car and I can hear the fuel pump power on and off and the fuel filter was replaced last winter..it will start up but run extremely rough for just a few seconds and pressing the gas doesn't cause it to die out or run any longer. There aren't any codes stored in the computer and I'm aware of the throttle body issues they can have but it seems like the issues I've read or heard about with the throttle body are all the same but different from my experience. I haven't checked the fuel pressure yet but I will and I thought I'd ask in case this was a dead on throttle body symptom or possibly something else? And it for sure has gas i added more to be sure the gauge want broke.. thanks in advance

Hi there. I performed some investigation into your concern and found that this can be contributed to the throttle body failing; with or without codes. The throttle body on this vehicle is electronic and controls the idle. If it becomes non-responsive and begins sending the fully opened/closed or mixed readings, then the concerns you described can be presented. Try to read codes again with a different scan tool; preferably one that is more in depth than a typical pocket code reader. If there are no codes, I would have a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. You could also contact the manufacturer about the concern with the throttle body as there seems to be a petition for them to perform a recall on that part. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a car is hard to start inspection.

• Stalled and now will start and run really rough for a few seconds at a time