Q: squeal wheel noise

The left front wheel on my Saturn squeals. It only does it around 10-20mph, and you need to have driven a while to warm up the car. It squeals when you press on the brakes or the gas. It’s especially bad when you're driving down a small street and you hear it echo off houses and parked cars. The squeaking noise only happens as slow as the wheels turn. The slower the speed is the slower the squeal. The faster the speed is the faster the squeal. Can you please help me fix my wheel back to normal?

A: That squealing noise typically comes from t...

That squealing noise typically comes from the wear indicator on disc brake pads. The built-in noise maker indicates that it is time for a brake inspection or brake pad replacement. But when it concerns a safety system like brakes, we won't assume anything until it has been properly inspected. All four wheels should be removed and the brakes inspected by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.