Q: Squeal from right side & axle replacement can't be found

A loud squeal has started coming out of the right side of my car. I went to the dealership and it was diagnosed as a problem with the axle. I have waited two months and they still have not gotten the part. They told me that there are none available in the whole world and that there must be some issue with this type of axle since they can’t find one. Do you agree with this about there not being any available axle for my make/model throughout the whole world?

A: I would not be surprised if there is not on...

I would not be surprised if there is not one available for your 2013 Suzuki SX4 if the part changed and only fits your year or model of vehicle. They should still be able to give you a status on the order and could expedite it from the manufacturers stock if there is one. If there is a known problem with the axle then they are most likely waiting for the fix of a new type axle to become available. If you would like help with this, you could get in touch with YourMechanic to see if they can potentially help source the correct axle for you (if there is indeed one available).