Q: Squeaky / noisy passenger-side chair

Hello, my 2006 Toyota Prius has a very squeaky passenger-side chair in the front. Any tips on how to reduce / eliminate this squeaking? Thanks! Jim

A: From what you’ve described, it sounds like ...

From what you’ve described, it sounds like you have seat track locating pins that are rubbing the floor pan where they operate. You have to remove the seat and follow Toyota’s technical service bulletin 0288-08. This will show you how to remove the seat and cut off the locating pin tip from the seat track. Then reinstall the seat track back into place. Make sure you follow the TSB direction step by step to do this repair. Good luck.