Q: Q: Squeaking noise.

When I crank my Tahoe there is a squeaking noise. Whenever I get it warmed up than the noise goes away. I took a stethoscope out there and listened to my pulleys and it sounded like it was coming from the bottom pulley. The belt is plenty tight.

Noises from the belt drive that fade as the engine warms up does sound similar to one of the pulleys experiencing a lubrication problem. The bottom-most pulley, from what I can remember, is the crankshaft pulley, and if there is a problem here, the part needed to be replaced is the harmonic balancer or crankshaft pulley. If you want to have this done, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise and let you know what repairs are needed.

3. Q: Squeaking noise.