Q: Sqeaking in the rear

So I asked before about a rear squeak in the back of the car when ever I hit bumps or potholes while driving. I was told it could be a wheel bearing. I also had the shocks changed I thought that was the problem but it wasn't. The other day I had the park shut off and in park and I shaked push down on the bumper and I heard the squeak again. Any Ideas?

A: Hello. The most common cause of this on you...

Hello. The most common cause of this on your vehicle is the rear bushings. Most of the time the bushings are not actually bad, but instead it is because the bushings may be dry or not set at the right point.

I usually put the vehicle on the ground and loosen the suspension mounting bolts. I then use lubricant on the bushings and move the suspension up and down and then tighten the bolts with the weight of the vehicle on it. If the problems persists it may need new bushings. In some cases it can be from the bumper if the vehicle has ever been in an accident.

If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your squeaking noise.