Q: Sputtering

My car is turbo charged and recently I've noticed that when Im driving at a normal speed everything is ok, but when I try to build boost and accelerate, it'll start off but at higher rpms it sputters or Boggs kinda and doesn't really go anywhere.

Hi there. It sounds like you have a restriction in the exhaust. When this occurs the exhaust cannot flow which keeps the turbo from spinning as it should. It can also occur if the manifold pressure sensor is not reading correctly or if the turbo itself is failing. I always check the exhaust first. If it is fine, then I check the sensor reading with a scan tool and then check the turbo last. If you need to have this inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to pinpoint the cause of the sputtering and guide you with the proper repair.