Q: Q: Transmission fluid leaking

I was driving 65 down the highway,when the heater turned cold. Then the motor seemed to lose power and slowed down, I stop the car engine,and the smoke coming from the hood,Was a burning smell of transmission fluid leaking,

Hi There, It sounds like your car may be losing power due to the lack of sufficient transmission fluid. Automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid (Transmission fluid) to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Transmission fluid leaking