Q: Sports car stalls/quits in hot weather on side streets

My sports car has perfect performance on the highway. However, if it is hot weather and I'm driving on side streets, the engine will start to stall and then it quits. I have to let it cool down for at least 15-20 minutes before starting it again. After it has cooled down, it runs just fine. What is causing this to happen?

A: Hello there. Many different faults can caus...

Hello there. Many different faults can cause the vehicle to stall only once hot. The most likely is the battery, fuel pump, fuel filter, battery cables, ignition switch, or various sensors. It would be helpful to know how often this issue is occurring. I recommend having a qualified technician inspect the car in person in order to accurately diagnose and repair your car’s stalling issue.