Q: Sporadically overheats , have replaced water pump and radiator hoses and thermostat. What else could cause the overheating?

Sporadically overheats, have replaced water pump and radiator hoses and thermostat. What else could cause the overheating?

A: It is possible that you have air in the sys...

It is possible that you have air in the system or that air is somehow being pulled into the system. A very small gasket leak can sometimes not be enough for liquid to leak but will allow air to enter the system when the water pump pulls a slight vacuum during circulation. Also make sure all of the hoses are tight and that the reservoir tank is full. A leaking radiator cap can sometimes cause this as well. If you are still having trouble, I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, determine the exact cause of your overheating concern.