Q: Spongy brake pedal

I was doing a front brake job on my 09 grand caravan and I noticed brake fluid coming out of the cap of the master cylinder when I was a pushing in the Pistons on the caliper with a C clamp. Was wondering if that could cause any of it damage the master cylinder because now it seems like I have a spongy brake pedal and increased stopping distance.

You may have pushed some residue into the master cylinder and causing the pistons to not seal inside the master cylinder. You should bleed the brakes or have them bled to see if some air was introduced and bleeding will fix the problem. If bleeding does not help, then replace the master cylinder. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your braking system.