Q: Q: spongy brake pedal

I bought a used 2008 cobalt that had sat for about a month. The brakes are spongy, we replaced the pads and rotors in the front and it did not change the weakness in the brake pedal. We have checked for leaks and we are not leaking any fluid.

Hello. If this started after the vehicle sat for a while, you need to start by flushing out the brake fluid. Over time, the brake fluid will absorb moisture causing the pedal to feel like this. If that does not help, then the rear brakes may need to be adjusted or it may have an internal leak in the master cylinder. If you are going to have this repaired, a certified mechanic will be able to diagnose the spongy breaks that you’re experiencing and find an accurate fix.

3. Q: spongy brake pedal