Q: Speedometer wasn't working while I was driving

The speedometer is stuck under the pin, below the 0mph. What should I do?

A: Hello. It sounds like you may have a proble...

Hello. It sounds like you may have a problem with the instrument cluster.

The instrument cluster has circuit boards inside of it that receive information from different sensors, which triggers lights to turn on in the instrument cluster. These circuit boards then communicate to the instrument cluster the miles per hour (MPH) speed of the vehicle. If these circuit boards fail, the instrument cluster will not work properly.

If your speedometer is not working, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home or business to diagnose the problem, and make the necessary repair.