Q: Speedometer stop working after part was replaced

I recently had the power steering hose replced. After that, the speedometer stopped functioning. I wonder if any sensor or wire might have been broken during the replacement. Which sensor or wire could cause the speedometer to stop working? How can I locate it? Thanks.

The speed sensor that is mounted into the transmission housing on the back side near the firewall. If it was disconnected or damaged during the hose, installation would cause the speedometer and transmission to not work correctly. It may have been disconnected to access the hose and then just not reconnected. I would have the mechanic that did the hose job look at it and repair is as needed. If you need a second opinion, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your speedometer issue and let you know what needs to be fixed.