Q: Speedometer not working

Speedometer not working screen blank cant see indicator

Hello. In order to more specifically answer your question, I would require your vehicle’s make and model. Generally speaking, speedometers are usually controlled by a speed sensor, and in older models with an accompanying speedometer cable.

If the speed sensor or speedometer cable malfunction or go bad, then they may cause the speedometer not to work properly, or at all.

It may also be possible that the issue is wiring or electrical in nature. Perhaps faulty wiring or a bad fuse is cutting power to the speedometer or screen, or even the screen itself may be faulty. I would start by checking the vehicle’s speed sensor, if it is equipped with one, and going from there. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the speedometer problem and proceed with the needed repairs.

3. Speedometer not working