Q: Speedometer not working all gears selected and not shifting out of 2nd.

While driving on Saturday November 11 i noticed my car was not shifting speedometer was not working and all the gears were selected on the dash My husband checked fuses in the box and it all looked fine. Him and has dad bought the parts new and replaced the TCM and the sensors. Code P1698 came up when this happened. Car is still not working properly.

Hi Samantha. Thanks for contacting us today. The OBD-II trouble code you provided is a Dodge-specific code that indicates that the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) unable to communicate with Transmission Control Module (TCM). This could be due to bad electrical connection between the two, the harness has an electrical short or one of the two is damaged. This would have to be inspected by a professional mechanic to determine what repairs need to be completed before providing an estimate for repair. If the PCM or TCM is found to be faulty, then it would have to be replaced by a Dodge dealership.

3. Speedometer not working all gears selected and not shifting out of 2nd.