Q: Speedometer and thermostat housing compatability between two cars.

Is the 1997 n 1998 wb ford festiva 3 door hatch the speedometer and the thermostat housing are they the same part for a wf ford festiva 3 door hatch to get them working...there both auto or can the wb festiva 4 door hatch parts fit my wf allso can i get the same parts for the same making as the wb n wf but in manual will they fit and work on the wf festiva auto. Or can i get the 4 door hatch speedometer and thermostat housing auto fit my 3 door 1.3 engine ford festiva....or do i have to match the car parts exactlly....

A: Hello, both the ’97 and ’98 Festivas are &q...

Hello, both the ’97 and ’98 Festivas are "2nd generation" models, so most body parts (including the speedometer) should (no guarantee here), be compatible. Engine parts (thermostat housing) should be compatible if they were from the same engine series - both a 1.3l and a 1.5l engine were offered on both models. Most engine parts will not be compatible across the 2 engine series. Similarly, parts between manual and automatic transmissions will not be compatible. If your run into any issues and need some assistance, feel free to contact one of our mobile technicians who can come to your home and service your vehicle. Best of luck.