Q: Speedo and cruise still not working after both trans and rear pumpkin sensor replaced please help

Both of the external speed sensors have been replaced the vehicle is a 2004 dodge ram 1500 four wheel drive checked there are no sensors on front rotors.disconnected battery and check engine light went out. after about an hour it comes back on. What else could be causing both the speedometer and cruise not to fuction.

Hi there:

On some Dodge pickups, the speedometer cable connection or housing on the transmission can cause this issue to occur, as a fault here can trigger an error code that may cause the cruise control to not work correctly. It’s also possible that you have an electrical issue behind the dash or with the cruise control relay that can cause issues as you’ve described.

3. Speedo and cruise still not working after both trans and rear pumpkin sensor replaced please help