Q: Son has a dumbbell-shape oil leak on the pavement. Is this possibly the gaskets needing replaced?

My son has a 2001 Pontiac grand am just gifted to him from his grandmother. There is an oil leak that my mother was given the gaskets for as the parts needing replaced. She was told the bigger leak is an easy fix, but the other leak is harder to get to. The leak looks like a dumbbell shape on the pavement where there is about a coffee mug sized circle connected to a pencil size bar and then to another coffee mug sized circle. Could this be just the gaskets needing replaced? And how soon should this be taken care of and about how much, as my son just started a job and it is a financial issue? Thank you for your time!

3. Son has a dumbbell-shape oil leak on the pavement. Is this possibly the gaskets needing replaced?