Q: Sometimes steering is jerking and getting tight while driving

Sometimes my cars steering is getting tight while driving and hand break signal is remaining on while running

A: Hi there. It sounds like you may have a loo...

Hi there. It sounds like you may have a loose belt. A quick tug on the belt should tell if the tension is not properly set. It should feel pretty snug and not give much. If it does, then it either needs adjustment or the tensioner (if equipped) is weak and needs to be replaced. If the belt is okay, then the power steering system may need an inspection by a qualified technician to determine the cause. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a power steering inspection and belt tensioner replacement as necessary.