Q: Sometimes my pickup accelerates supergood, other times it accelerates slow, at high RPMs.

Hi, So i have been having an issue with my pickup since I've picked it up a couple months ago. Some days when i start it up, it runs like a champ, accelerates well and feels powerful. Other days, I start driving, and when i press on the gas it is noticeably slower I would say. The acceleration is very very low, and the RPMs are high. So you are basically going 20 - 30 with your engine sounding likes its gonna blow. Is there a reason for this? All days are typically the same, both things happen in all weather conditions, all with long warm ups because of the cold, or little to no warm up.

Thanks!

This kind of reaction is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Sometimes my pickup accelerates supergood, other times it accelerates slow, at high RPMs.