Q: Sometimes my car has issues starting

I have a 2002 Impala LS The car starts every time after its been sitting overnight but most of the time I will take it out and when I go to start it back up it makes a weird grinding/groaning sound that almost shook the car a lil I can give it a little gas and it will start, other times I can just wait a min or two and it will start as well but im afraid it is going to leave me stranded soon . I can hear the fuel pump when I turn the key I don't have any check engine light or anything . thank you so much for your time I realize it must be difficult to read all of these messages since u cant actally hear the car.

Hello there, a car that starts only after it sits overnight is a common fault. The fact that it starts after it sits for a long while tells me one or more component is on its way to failing but has not fully failed yet. You are correct that this type of problem has great potential to leave you stranded if left unaddressed. The most likely cause in this event would be the starter, fuel pump, battery, or ignition switch going bad. Any of these have the potential to fail slowly and have effects like you have described. If you need help, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your starting issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Sometimes my car has issues starting