Q: Sometimes key starts now it doesn't. Ignition or solenoid, please help 2005 GMC Envoy

Sometimes truck starts with key if it doesn't we touch a thing under hood with screwdriver to start it. Now thats not working. Ignition problem or solenoid? please help thank you

Hi there - it sounds like you have been "jumping" the starter off using a screwdriver to short the power cable from the battery to the starter motor terminal - bypassing the starter solenoid. That would have indicated a bad solenoid or a problem in the starter wiring to the solenoid. Now that that is not longer working, a bit more diagnosis is required. Since bypassing the starter solenoid isn’t working, that suggests that the starter itself now has a problem. This MAY be "in addition" to a problem with the starter circuit between the ignition switch and the starter as well - which required bypassing the solenoid in the first place. I recommend a not starting inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Sometimes key starts now it doesn't. Ignition or solenoid, please help 2005 GMC Envoy