Q: Something wrong with the front door

So my 2011 Ford Edge is mechanically sound and has been reliable for the last 41,000 miles. Electronically, there are some problems. The stupid “Door Ajar” light is always on because the driver’s side door doesn’t close right or something. It used to work if I really slammed the door closed but now I think I totally broke it. Now the light is always on and the dome light stays on way too much. Is there an easy way to fix this or is this gonna be a whole ordeal?

What you describe sounds like you have either a defective Door-Ajar switch or faulty ground in that circuit. It supplies a signal to the Smart Junction Box, which controls the dome lights and Door-Ajar indicator. Have the components tested by a certified auto technician, like those with YourMechanic, and then replace or repair as needed.

3. Something wrong with the front door