Q: Somehow on my gear selector isn't telling my car when its in park so my dash lights stay lite up and cause my battery to die.

When my car is left unattended for several hours the battery will be dead. This randomly started a couple months ago and until recently it only happened 3 times. Since last week its now an everyday occurrence because the lights on my dash that show what car the car is in stay lite up all the time which end up draining my brand new battery. For whatever reason when I put my car in different gears they all work fine and light up on the dash showing what gear car is in except when its put into park. I can't find answers anywhere on my phone to find out what's causing this issue. I've tried searching many ideas but nothing pertains to what exactly is happening to my car.

It sounds like you may have a problem with the neutral safety switch. Your vehicle has a neutral safety switch that will prevent the vehicle from starting when it is in any gear position other than park or neutral. Occasionally, this switch can malfunction causing the car to stall as soon as you put it into any gear. This switch usually also monitors gear selection data as well, that is transmitted back to the computer. This switch is connected to the starter solenoid which allows it to complete the starter circuit only when the transmission is in park or neutral. In some cases, if the switch is bad, it will not allow the car to start as a result of the switch producing a faulty signal indicating that the car is in gear even when it is not. In other cases it may cause the car to stall when engaging reverse or drive. In your case, it sounds like the switch is not relaying to the computer when the car is actually in park. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Somehow on my gear selector isn't telling my car when its in park so my dash lights stay lite up and cause my battery to die.