Q: Somehow on my gear selector isn't telling my car when its in park so my dash lights stay lite up and cause my battery to die.

When my car is left unattended for several hours the battery will be dead. This randomly started a couple months ago and until recently it only happened 3 times. Since last week its now an everyday occurrence because the lights on my dash that show what car the car is in stay lite up all the time which end up draining my brand new battery. For whatever reason when I put my car in different gears they all work fine and light up on the dash showing what gear car is in except when its put into park. I can't find answers anywhere on my phone to find out what's causing this issue. I've tried searching many ideas but nothing pertains to what exactly is happening to my car.

3. Somehow on my gear selector isn't telling my car when its in park so my dash lights stay lite up and cause my battery to die.