Q: Solving electrical problem resulting from reversed battery terminals

I bought a replacement battery for my 1999 Nissan Frontier (2.4L), but was given the wrong model. It appeared identical to the previous battery, but the positive/negative terminals were reversed.

In a hurry to install it, I stupidly set the clamps on the terminals which, of course, caused sparking, and blew the fusible link.

I got the correct battery and replaced the fusible link, along with the positive clamp, which had a small crack in it.

Still, with the positive clamp tightened, touching the negative clamp to the battery post results in excessive sparking.

What is the best means of tracking down the short? Remove fuses one at a time and use a test light on the circuits?

Is there a "best place to start" with this model vehicle? I have access to wiring diagrams in my Haynes manual.

Thank you very much for your time and attention. It is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Ron

3. Solving electrical problem resulting from reversed battery terminals