Q: Solenoid valve having trouble starting

It sounds like the solenoid valve is having trouble starting. And when it starts I have trouble turning it off.

This vehicle has a smaller separate relay in the dash panel fuse box that controls the bigger relay on the starter. The starter uses the big relay to get the starter moving. If the starter stays engaged after the vehicle starts or you hear a loud noise from the starter gear reduction then your starter may need to be replaced. I have seen weak batteries cause the starter to not work properly and a new battery fixed the issue. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose this problem for you.