Q: Soft Top Not Secure

I got a message on my dash board “soft top not secure.” It came on after my battery died. I got a jump and the “soft top not secure” light came on again. It kept on making a dinging noise when I drove over 3 mph. Do you know if it’s safe to drive? Could it be just an error?

Hello. As long as the top is actually secure, it will be safe to drive. This can occur when the contact sensors are not working correctly or are failing. I usually use a computer scan tool to monitor these sensors to see which one is failing. If you need to have this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical issue and let you know what needs to be done.