Q: Socket touched metal, sparks, & welded to car

First, I disconnected the positive terminal on my battery and the socket touched a piece of metal. It started sparking very badly and it got welded onto my car. Will this cause problems with any of the electronics or with the computer.

In this situation it could go either way. It is very possible that this could have damaged your electrical system or computer modules. It is also possible that you may have gotten lucky and no harm was done.

The first thing I would do is have a qualified professional take a look at the vehicle to have the tool you used removed and then perform an electrical systems inspection to determine whether any further damage has been done. After this inspection has been performed, the mechanic would be able to give you any further advice on repairs your vehicle may need.

3. Socket touched metal, sparks, & welded to car