Q: Why would my truck whine some of the time and have trouble picking up speed in my 2005 Dodge Dakota

So besides the whine I was wondering what is causing it to whine? And the transmission is very strong but sometimes it grinds and stops and it's a Dodge Dakota 2005 Automatic 4 Door Short Cab it's also a V6 3.7 Liter. I bought transmission fluid but I honestly want to know first before I end up actually putting some and making the situation worst.

Hello. It sounds like you may have a pending transmission failure. Typically when this noise occurs with this issue it is because you have an internal bearing failure or a clutch pack that is worn and failing. Both are common. I usually check the transmission fluid first. If it is dark and burnt then the transmission is failing. You should have this looked at by a transmission specialist.

3. Why would my truck whine some of the time and have trouble picking up speed in my 2005 Dodge Dakota