Q: Why would my truck whine some of the time and have trouble picking up speed in my 2005 Dodge Dakota

So besides the whine I was wondering what is causing it to whine? And the transmission is very strong but sometimes it grinds and stops and it's a Dodge Dakota 2005 Automatic 4 Door Short Cab it's also a V6 3.7 Liter. I bought transmission fluid but I honestly want to know first before I end up actually putting some and making the situation worst.

3. Why would my truck whine some of the time and have trouble picking up speed in my 2005 Dodge Dakota