Q: My 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee is making this clocking sound that is coming from the rear passenger side

My Jeep Crand Cherokee WJ seems to have a "clock" like noise coming from the rear passenger side that occurs as soon as I accelerate and eventually take my foot of the pedal to maintain speed. This noise has been with my car for about a year(to my knowledge as I bought it with the noise already there). My problem is that although the noise has been there for who knows how long, can it really be the driveshaft that is causing this annoying sound?

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a failing bearing, a bad drive shaft joint, or a loose brake pad. I usually get the vehicle in the air and run it to listen for the noise so that I can pinpoint its location and repair it. If you want to have this noise checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose where the clicking noise is coming from] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/clicking-or-popping-sound-is-coming-from-wheels-inspection

• My 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee is making this clocking sound that is coming from the rear passenger side