Q: So I did an oil change about three weeks ago today I noticed the temperature gage moving up going back down went up again but not

Had an oil change about three weeks ago. Today I noticed the temperature gage moving up and going back down. It went up again but it stop in one spot below the red. What does this mean

It could be that the car is low on coolant. The sensors for the temp gauge are located in a high spot in the cylinder head so if the coolant level is low, it may be that the tip of the sensor is not always covered with coolant. When this happens, the steam that occupies that space will send the needle up quickly, then when it gets covered with coolant it will fall just as quickly. Another possibility is that the thermostat is failing: staying shut too long then opening and allowing the coolant to flow. You can have either of these things checked at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your overheating Corolla and let you know what is the solution.

3. So I did an oil change about three weeks ago today I noticed the temperature gage moving up going back down went up again but not