Q: So a friend and I spent 2 days putting a brand new generator in the Beetle, but it went bad this morning. Why.?

So a friend and I spent 2 days putting a brand new generator in the Beetle, but it went bad this morning. What could have caused this.?

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to provide some insight. There are a few issues that may be happening. First, the voltage regulator for the generator may be bad and caused over or under charge conditions. Or, the relays inside the regulator may have bad contacts. I suggest replacing the relay after verifying all wiring is good. Then recheck to see if generator was damaged.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

3. So a friend and I spent 2 days putting a brand new generator in the Beetle, but it went bad this morning. Why.?