Q: Q: smoke coming from tailpipe

I was asking an older mechanic and he suggested I used a product called Seafoam that would clear unwanted deposits from the engine, thereby cause the valves to open and close correctly. Is this something to consider?

The color of the smoke can be white and is due to water vapor. If you notice that the smoke is only present for the first few minutes of running and is very light, then this may be normal. If you get white smoke all the time and the engine coolant gets low, then you may have a leaking head gasket. If you are getting a blue or black smoke, then you may have other engine problems that need to be diagnosed. Check the smoke color and report this to an expert that can inspect the system and pinpoint any faulty components or leaks.

3. Q: smoke coming from tailpipe