Q: Smoke blows from tail pipe

Recently, after my truck gets warmed up it starts smoking from the tail pipe. Also, when the oil cap is taken off it releases a large amount of blowby pressure and the smoke from the tail pipe disappears. What is the problem so I’ll know what to do to fix it. Thanks.

A: If you are getting excessive pressure build...

If you are getting excessive pressure build up in the crankcase, then you may have a clogged crankcase breather system. If the breather system is clean, then you may have a broken piston ring causing the buildup. Have the breather checked first, then a compression test on the engine will show the problem cylinder. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect the smoke to ensure that the correct repair is being made to resolve this issue.