Q: Smoke blows from tail pipe

Recently, after my truck gets warmed up it starts smoking from the tail pipe. Also, when the oil cap is taken off it releases a large amount of blowby pressure and the smoke from the tail pipe disappears. What is the problem so I’ll know what to do to fix it. Thanks.

If you are getting excessive pressure build up in the crankcase, then you may have a clogged crankcase breather system. If the breather system is clean, then you may have a broken piston ring causing the buildup. Have the breather checked first, then a compression test on the engine will show the problem cylinder. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect the smoke to ensure that the correct repair is being made to resolve this issue.