Q: Smelling gas inside and out.

Checked under hood and under vehicle with cardboard. Found no leaks. Checked oil, no gas smell, level ok. Apparently it only occurs while driving. Manual fuel pump. Lost a couple of gallons of gas.

A: Hi there. Check the connections to the fuel...

Hi there. Check the connections to the fuel filter. If the fuel filter is not connected properly, then the fuel will leak out. Check the fuel hose or line to the carburetor on the engine. See if there are any leaks.

When the engine gets hot enough, the fuel will evaporate on top of the engine intake manifold leaving no evidence but some residue. One more place to check is where the fuel pump on the engine is. Look at the pump for any crossed lines or if the lines are leaking. If you need further assistance diagnosing your fuel leak, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.