Q: Smell of burning rubber 2013 Kia Rio

Yes I can get the smell of burning rubber when accelerating 60+ mph was wondering what it could possibly be? Only can smell it when the windows down and on the interstate doesn't seem like the transmission since that seems to go fine? Could it be a bad brake caliper? Or oil leaking somewhere would that smell like burning rubber? Please if you could give me some ideas that would be great!!!

Hi there - the burned rubber smell you are experiencing could be a misaligned accessory (serpentine belt), a slipping belt, or a rubber hose that is touching something really hot under the hood. I would recommend an engine smell by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.