Q: SmartTop setup console roof

My SmartTop convertible setup menu won’t come up on the Multi Function Display panel on my Eos. I tried using the unlock button and up on stalk methods. Also, the console button for the roof doesn't work. The sunroof button works. The fob/remote open and close work for the roof and the one touch all windows work. I plugged and unplugged the module back in. The firmware is up to date and the USB connection works. Do you know what could be causing this? Thanks.

A: Hello. It sounds like the module is bad. Th...

Hello. It sounds like the module is bad. The module on this vehicle fails for this system frequently and causes this to occur. Some of the time it is a programming issue, but if the firmware if up to date then it is usually the module. I usually start by checking the voltage at the module. If it has voltage then replace the module and have it programmed. If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help you diagnose your electrical issue and make the necessary repair.