Q: SMART FORFOUR (54 Plate) w/Non-standard Wheels. Do i need non standard brakes to fit?

I have a 54 plate, Smart ForFour (54-Plate). With 17" dotz wheels (205/40ZR17 tyres), i need new brake discs and pads due to corrosion. Do i need non-standard brake discs/pads to fit? If so, how do i find what one's will fit?

Hello. My reasearch indicates that there is no difference in brakes Unless your vehicle was retrofitted with different brakes when the wheels were installed it should take the original, or OEM replacement parts. If the wheels came with an accompanying brake kit, say as an upgrade, then you will likely need to find specific pads and rotors that match that kit.

3. SMART FORFOUR (54 Plate) w/Non-standard Wheels. Do i need non standard brakes to fit?