Q: Q: Small leak in hose.

I spotted a small leak in the hose from the coolant container. I can smell antifreeze once the engine heats up when standing outside the vehicle. There is no fluid leaking on the ground, just a small drip touching the engine.

Hello. A small coolant leak should be repaired right away to prevent any damage due to overheating. Luckily you have already spotted the leak, as many leaks can be hard to find and repair. If the hose itself is leaking then it needs to be replaced. It is very common for the container to develop a crack and leak down the hose giving you the appearance that the hose is leaking. Both should be inspected carefully and then after the repair the cooling system should be pressurized to try and find further leaks. If you do not have a coolant pressure tester or are not comfortable with this repair then you should get the assistance of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Q: Small leak in hose.