Q: slow to turn over only when cold start

This problem only happens after the car sits overnight. I turn the key give it a second and hit the ignition and it cranks 3-5 times and starts. I have already changed the battery with a new die hard gold last week. Starts right up through out the day. The check gauges light dings once than goes off once in the morning and usually once on the ride home after the first 5 minutes of use.

A: You may be having a problem with the in tan...

You may be having a problem with the in tank fuel pump not holding fuel pressure to the injection system overnight. The pump has a small check valve that is supposed to hold pressure to the fuel injectors. By doing so, when you crank the engine in the morning the engine gets fuel right away.

In your case, it takes a few seconds to get the pressure built up again and then it starts. You can confirm this by having the system checked for leak down by a mechanic or a simple check by cycling your key on and off without cranking it and each time listen to the fuel pump to go on and off, cycle the key and the pump will go on and off. After you do this three times, crank the engine like normal and if it starts right up then you most likely have a fuel pump problem. The fuel injectors and fuel regulator can cause the same leak but the fuel pump is the most common. I’d recommend having these components checked by a professional mechanic in order to fix your starting problem.